Saturday 20 June 2020

Pre IHSW

Hi everyone, been a few days since last time I posted, but i'm still busy stitching, and end up getting too distracted by it. Lately been working out on Little Miss Deelish and Sweet Treats Trixie stopped last night and today i'm picking up No words needed again... I treated myself to a elbesee rotating frame (no budget for a millenium or quantum frames) i had ordered the clip on frame but got the sewing one (thought i was going to hate it - as i hate stitching) and i actually did ok wasn't as bad as i thought, the downfall is that i can't have other projects rotating on the frame which will limit my options - that might actually be a good thing.
I'm now trying solutions for the side tension... Trying the lace technique I saw, but still not 100% happy... So a shout to those using rotating frames, how do you keep the fabric tension to be drum tight?

As for the IHSW, this is how my projects were looking before Friday when the IHSW officially started for me. 

1 comment:

The Crafty Princess said...

Hi Sara
Love both your projects. For side tension when I use a frame like yours I bought these from Nikki Charting Creations she is based in Canada, here is the link
https://www.chartingcreations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_299_334&products_id=16736&zenid=qa0kv42v2sog02j4jb0ntipds6

Or you can buy them from Fiberlicous fibers. They work great. Nice drum tight fabric. Hope this helps.
xo Alicia