Friday 17 January 2014

WIPocalypse

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance for the long Post:

To help me be more active on blogland, this year I've decided to participate on WIPocalypse, and as I'm that commited I'm going to take part into the twist that Measi added, the discussion topic. So I'll start with the topic (as there is not much to share yet) and I'll go to the pictures after :)

And copy-pasted from Measi's blog: "This month’s topic is a proper one for the beginning of any adventure: Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year."

So about me: My name is Sara, and although my nick sounds Chinese, it doesn't have anything to do with it (and I don't have a clue if it's a Chinese word, if your curious I can explain the silliness of it in a future post :)) I'm 28 years old, and I'm from Portugal, but I've been living in Ireland for the past 5 years with my other-half (who I dragged from Portugal - we've been toghether for 10 years now :) ) I've learned how to cross-stitch when I was 6 or 7 and one or two years after I learned how to crochet and knit, but my passion is cross-stitch, I've stopped stitching on my early teens because it was "uncool" and then I grew-up and decided I no longer cared about what others think I wanted to stitch because I enjoyed it, my first Big project (or I thought it was a big project at the time) was the three witches of Booville and I enjoyed stitching it so much that I didn't put the needle down anymore. Since then I've stitched a variety of projects; if I had to choose I would say HAEDs are my favourites and probably antique samplers the less favourites. But I stitch anything :) I have a bunch of projects on the go now (I'll introduce them through the pictures as they are all part of WIPocalypse) and it's actually one of my goals for this year to reduce the amount of WIPs, other goals I have set for this year are, posting more here and comment more on all your lovely blogs, be more active on the stitching groups I belong to, and non-stitch related go to the gym at least 4 days but the plan is go 5 days, and get my weight down at least 10Kg until Summer and 15/20Kg by the end of the year. So this is me :)

Now as per my WIP projects, I'll decided that I'll be showing a picture of the "before" and "after" so that I can keep a monthly visual record of my progress, and I'll remove the ones completed and showed on previous months. So with no further ado:

1 - Teddy Bear's Bars for Bed Linen
Before - as of 01.01.2014

After - finished on 14.01.2014

 2 - Lickle Teddy Bit Sleepy
Before - as of 01.01.2014


3 - No Words Needed
Before - as of 01.01.2014


4 - Dragon Fae I
Before - as of 01.01.2014

5 - QS Believe
Before - as of 01.01.2014

6 - QS Bookend Kitie
Before - as of 01.01.2014

7 - SK Treasures
Before - as of 01.01.2014

8 - Touch of Spring
Before - as of 01.01.2014


9 - British Scene
Before - as of 01.01.2014

10 - Culinary Cats
Before - as of 01.01.2014

 11 - Sweet Flower
Before - as of 01.01.2014

12 - Close up of a Pink Rose
Before - as of 01.01.2014
Funny just realized I have one project for each month :)

Thanks for stopping by,
Happy Stitches
Sara

6 comments:

Basia said...

Great projects, are you planning a monthly rotation? Looking forward to see your progress :)

Rachel said...

You have a lot of lovely projects! Looking forward to seeing your progress throughout the year.

♥ Nia said...

Grandes projectos que tens em mãos :) boa sorte para conseguires acabar todinhos em 2014!!!

Miamina said...

Lovely collection of projects, I look forward to seeing the progress that you make :)

Sharon said...

Fabulous projects! I look forward to seeing your progress.

Cathy said...

You have alot of wonderful projects. I will enjoy watching your progress.