Thursday 3 April 2014

March Review and April Goals

Hi everyone,

So this was the first month I fell out of the wagon, and it wasn't only on my stitching, unfortunately, I've been failing on my slimming goals too, although I keep going to the gym almost every single day, I stopped loosing weight on the past 2 weeks and I put on some inches last week... and this week doesn't seem that it's going to be better, so I definitely need a new month to get into a new start, and I only posted 2 times throughout March... not good, not good at all.

So what were my goals for March:

Realistic goals:
     - Start/ Complete and Finish my Spring Project for the EmeraldIsle Cross Stitch group Exchange
     - Complete the second page of QS Butterfly
     - Stitch 1.5 columns of pages 3/5[partial page - just 2 lines] of QS Believe

Dreamworld goals:
     - Stitch 50% of pages 3/5
     - Complete pages 3/5

I was only able to complete the 1st goal... and failed miserably on all others as I didn't put a single stitch on QS Believe during March...

This being said my goals for April are:

Stitch Wise - 
Realistic Goals:
       - Complete the 2nd page of QS Butterfly
       - Start January of the Garden Journal Collection (Friendly Stitchers Yahoo group Travelling Pattern) as soon as I receive it.
       - Complete January chart
       - Start the Mail Art Envelope for my Mother, for Mother's day in Portugal (1st Sunday of May)
       - Complete the Mail Art Envelope
       - Finish the Mail Art Envelope

Dreamworld Goals:
       - Stitch 50% of pages 3/5[partial page - just 2 lines] of QS Believe
       - Complete pages 3/5 of Qs Believe

Slimming Wise - 
       - Go to at least 1 class at the gym everyday from Monday to Friday
       - Keep the Food Diary
       - Drink 2L water everyday
       - Not fall into temptation food wise as often.
       - Loose at least 3Kg
       - Go down another 10inches in total.

And because a proper post should have at least 1 piccie, I'm sharing with you my idea for the Mail Art Project, I've used the Joan Elliot "Mum cards" that are on her book and adjusted them for the envelope shape, the lines are just for guidance to know where I'll have to fold it when I'm assembling it.


Thanks for stopping by,
Happy Stitches,
Sara

11 comments:

sharine said...

Good luck with your goals. Losing weight is hard and while I'm not gaining any I have stopped losing it as well so I think a shake up is called for. Hang in there!

cucki said...

Good luck with your goals dear..
Big hugs x

Thoeria said...

Hi Sara...as one doing the slimming thing myself I can tell you that it's very normal to plateau. The trick is overcoming that is twofold....don't get despondant....and change your training regime. Your body gets used to the same program after a while...so you have to give it a kick every now and again and change what you do at gym and the level of intensity. Good luck! I'll be cheering you along this month :)

Priscila Junqueira Ponto Cruz said...

Hello, I love the cross stitch world too! Your works are so beautiful! I enjoy makings new stitching friends.
If you want to, com to visit my blog tto.
belezadopontocruz.blogspot.com
We can share ideas and cross stitch patterns too.
Greetings from Brazil,
Priscila

Rhona said...

Good luck with your goals!

Mylene said...

Same here with losing weight, struggling as ever...Goodluck with your goals!!

stitchersanon said...

Great goals...good luck with both the stitching and the weight loss

The Crafty Princess said...

You still managed to do something in March so that's good. Good luck with all your April goals stunner. The envelope looks great, can't wait to see it stitched up!
Alicia xo

Lulu said...

Goo luck reaching your goals!

Bonnie Brown said...

Good luck on your goals, both stitching and health wise.
I know I need to get back to tracking my food and hitting they gym.

Chris said...

Well done on making goals, don't give up.. I too have struggled a little and only lost 1/2 pound this last week!
Chris x