Monday 19 September 2011

IHSW result

Hi everyone,

Thanks for stopping by, so this weekend was a good stitching weekend for me, although I was a bit lazy on Saturday (only managed to stitch a total of 455 stitches on Saturday afternoon) but then Sunday was only cross-stitching and I made a total of 884 stitches all of them on my Mistery Project and I reached 50% of it complete :)... Back on the tracks to finish it on time and to still have time to make a few more projects until Christmas...

As the MP has to be kept a secret here in the blog I can't share my  progress photo here :(, but because I wanted to share one photo, here you have a picture of my "Going-to-the-City-Centre Stitching" Project, I live 30/40minutes distance (by train or car) from the city centre of Dublin, and I have to go there at least 3 times a week because of work, so I now have a project that I always carry on my bag to stitch while I'm on the train or if my DB drives me there to stitch on the car while we are stuck in traffic.
I've only started this project last week and this is the result of 2 visits to the centre:
The pattern is from the "Le blog de Louison", and I'm stitching it on Aida 18ct with one of the threads I got from Kaye Oxalis, I'm realling enjoying stitching with it Kaye.
In terms of pattern if you like biscornus I really advise you to have a peek at Louison's blog, she makes the most gorgeous patterns for biscornus and she is so nice that she shares them with you without charging anything, the only thing she asks is for a picture if you stitch one (isn't that nice).

Well enough of boring text and back to stitching,

Happy stitches everyone :)
Sara

13 comments:

Esther said...

I love the color of your thread! Looking forward to your update.

Pauline said...

It is a nice piece of work, and i am wondering what your mistery project is...

cucki said...

yup..it is really very lovely..i know it is really going to look so beautiful..
keep well and happy stitching dear xx

Joysze said...

Love the color, Sara!!! I can't wait to see bigger chunks of it. :D

Birdie said...

Ohhhh great design. Love the floss.

Veronica said...

Good start there. That's a very interesting floss colour you've chosen for the design. Love it!

Kaisievic said...

Hi Sara,

So excited that you are enjoying stitching with the Cottage Garden thread - it is lovely to work with, isn't it? Great progress on the biscornu and thanks for the link to Louison's blog - I will check it out now.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

grannie said...

Well done on the 50% - right on target :-)

missy-tannenbaum said...

Good luck with your commuting project! The pattern is really neat, and I like the color you chose, too.

Lissanne said...

Love your start, looks like it will be beautiful with that color.

shio said...

Hi, i write here for thefirst time !! hihihi

you have a very nice blog with great wips :D

i want follow you but i can´t see the follow button :(

Ewa said...

ooooh 884 is a lot and so is 455. Great job! And that's so great that you can have some stitchy time during your commute.

Topcho said...

It sounds like you stitched a lot this week end! Too bad you can't show your MP yet :D Your new start is lovely too