Saturday 16 May 2020

Hello... Is Anyone still there?

Hi everyone,

I wonder if I still have anyone following me... After two years of no posts... And I wish I could say I'd still been busy stitching but honestly, apart from the odd knitting project I would grab (no cross-stitching happened during this period) with a now 5year old... The hobby seemed impossible, either because she wanted to help me with the stitching itself, making it much harder or she would be touching on the pattern making it a nightmare to read... Knitting ended up being easier, because I would give her a set of needles and some yarn and she'd be happy thinking she was also knitting.. Now she is big enough to let me stitch... A most she asks me to help me with the stitching and I let her push and pull the needle and thread after I placed it on the right place. And with the pandemic lock down and finding out about the new app "Pattern Keeper" it woken up my stitching bug with full revenge... So last week I decided to listen to it... And first project I grabbed was the culinary cats by Margaret sherry which was very near to the end... Two days in... And I had a finish... Now just need to finish finish it into the folder cover I planned. After that the monster was awake and No Words Needed was calling me. More than ever... So out came the project after being hiding for over 3 years I think.... I re-did and did some more of the gridding (wanted to do it all but the stitching itch was bigger, so there's a bit left to do later) and yesterday evening I put some more stitches in it a bit over 700 or 800 stitches (I love the app tells you how many stitches you did for the day without you having to count them). And so I'm hooked again and to celebrate it I will have a new project starting soon as well as per my daughter's request/demand... That I stitch one for her... This one will be a surprise for now, but I will say she was the one who choose it and she is obsessed with Unicorns (and pegasus, and alacorns and ponies... She keeps educating me that they are all very different types of animals).
ANYWAY, enough chatting for now before it becomes even more boring and into the good part of pictures... 

A HUGE THANK You if you still around and reading. 

SARA

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Welcome back ,your stitching looks wonderful .
Have a fun week.

Katie said...

Hey Welcome Back!! Glad to hear the stitching bug grabbed you again.

Keebles said...

Still here and still following! I'm just really bad at commenting! I can barely keep up with my own blog! But glad you're back and can't wait to see you stitch more!

Astrids dragon said...

Good for you for jumping right back in!
I have that sweet kitty finished, but never finished the rest of them. Yours looks great together.